I don't like to write in a busy room or in a room where people are prone to reading over my shoulder. If I think someone is paying attention I get really self-conscious and I can't work through a thought properly. I start tryng to write based on what I think they think I should be writing, not where I think the idea should go or even less so, properly listening to where the characters want me to take the idea. So, I find it necessary to find "alone time" in which to write, which isn't something that I can get easily right now. It starts to show after a while, too. I get anxious and touchy, because I haven't had any time inside my head recently. On top of that, when I finally do have a little slice of alone in which to do something, I freeze up. I forget how to get the idea out again and it gets stuck. Writing takes practice and so does getting over the fear of writing.
Jan. 14th, 2017
Ideas bouncing around in my big stupid head:
- More shorts for Glitter & Chaos - god, that is getting super fun to write. i am so lame.
- where am I going next with Fireflies? The next part coming up is in my head - I know where I want to go next, but I don't have a word of it down yet. Also really considering what I'm doing there with the plot - I have several sub-things that are happening - how do I keep the focus on one theme? Do I want to keep the focus on one theme? i need to spend some time with that so I can really bring out the point I'm trying to make.
- Thinking about branching out into another sandbox - I have an orphanage/foster AU that's been forming in the back of my head.
- keeping notes - get better about getting ideas out somewhere I can go back and look at them when I need ideas or a direction on what to do when I do find that elusive free time.
- I get my meds refilled next week. yay!!